Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Photography: Christophe Jacrot

While in recent years I have developed an affection for the summer, at heart I will always be a winter person. That might be part of the reason why (despite the inappropriate timing) I'm so entranced by these photographs of rain-soaked, wind-blown and snow-bound cities by Paris-based photographer Christophe Jacrot. Jacrot states on his website 'I like the way rain, snow and "bad weather" awaken a feeling of romantic fiction within me', and that's exactly how I feel when I look at these pictures - I instantly want to start writing stories and making up characters. I love the way they frequently capture isolated figures and create an atmosphere that's both unsettling and romantic.

New York by Christophe Jacrot
Venice by Christophe Jacrot
Bologne by Christophe Jacrot
Paris by Christophe Jacrot
Paris by Christophe Jacrot
New York by Christophe Jacrot
Tokyo by Christophe Jacrot
Paris by Christophe Jacrot
New York by Christophe Jacrot
Chicago by Christophe Jacrot
Normandie by Christophe Jacrot
Chicago by Christophe Jacrot
Bologne by Christophe Jacrot
New York by Christophe Jacrot

All photos from Christophe Jacrot's website christophejacrot.com.

Twitter | Goodreads | Booklikes | Bloglovin' | Shop

1 comment:

  1. loving every single one of these! off to check out website. thanks for showing glimpses into another world. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete