Monday, 12 September 2011

Maudlin Monday

Having a bit of an introspective Monday night, sitting here listening to Hatful of Hollow, tweeting like I'm drunk and eating cream pies (#foreveralone). Seriously though, HOW FUCKING GOOD were the Smiths? My heart wants to burst with love for them every time I listen to anything they ever did. And when I say 'them', of course I mean 'Morrissey'. Greatest lyricist of all time and idgaf what anyone else thinks. I could make this into a detailed tribute but I'm seriously lacking in the necessary eloquence at this point in time, so here are some flawless masterpieces of songs instead.








How dearly I'd love to get carried away/Oh, but dreams have a knack of just not coming true/And time is against me now.

4 comments:

  1. i went to see morrissey in june. best gig ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such love for The Smiths. I listen to 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' every time im walking to work:
    "In my life/why do I smile?/At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?"
    Perfectly sums up working in retail!
    Mairi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesssyesyess to The Smiths! Literally such massive talent, great music and lyrics. Every time I listen to them again it's ridiculous how much I still enjoy it/enjoy it even more! I was gonna pick a favourite song, but it feels so wrong to do that, ohhh morrissey

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been listening to 'There is a light that never goes out' a lot. Maybe it ties in to my love for 500 Days Of Summer...

    ReplyDelete