Monday, 9 April 2012

Barcelona break


















I spent most of the past week in Barcelona, Spain, so here's some photos - which, frankly, I'm a bit ashamed of, but they're all I've got, so here they are! I was beset by camera troubles (the left-hand picture of the Sagrada Familia looks weird because the camera decided to die and I had to take it with my phone) which were exacerbated by the fact that the Picasso and Miró museums, two of the places I spent a lot of time, don't allow cameras at all. We stayed in a lovely hotel opposite the cathedral and I spent a lot of time exploring the Gothic Quarter - I was surprised at how great it was for shopping, although I didn't really have any cash to splash: my purchases were a €1 bracelet from a stall on La Rambla, Spanish Vogue and a Moleskine 2012 diary reduced to €4 in a museum gift shop... better late than never, eh?! I was also delighted to discover they have these in Spain now (and while Googling that link I found out they are apparently being launched in the UK?? O M G, but I digress) and I also managed to get completely hooked on Adventure Time, as Cartoon Network was just about the only channel on the hotel TV showing programmes in English. My favourite part of the holiday was making a pilgrimage to Figueres to see the Dalí Theatre-Museum, which lived up to expectations and was genuinely brilliant. Barcelona is a gorgeous city and definitely somewhere I would return in the future - there's so much to see, so many hidden gems and a wonderful overall atmosphere.

7 comments:

  1. these pictures are lovely! what is there to be ashamed of! i especially love the ones of the cathedral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you went to Barcelona! I went to visit my friend there in February and fell completely in love with the city. Your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me and my boyfriend are going next month and still looking for nice hotels- what was the name of the one you stayed in and would you recommend it? thanks for your help! emma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the Hotel Colon - http://www.hotelcolon.es/eng/hotel it was really nice but if you don't like the look of that one specifically, I would definitely recommend staying somewhere in the Gothic Quarter!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I love the one looking at the city through the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures. They're making me really nostalgic for when I was there, definitely one of my favourite holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is making me nostalgic! Definitely one of my favourite holidays... the city is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete