Monday, 9 July 2012

Blurring the lines between real and the fake


















I know, I know, I know: this is not new news and everyone has already seen it, but I just couldn't help myself. The video for Lana Del Rey's 'National Anthem' is the best music video I've seen in ages and I'm hugely enamoured with it. (In fact, this is the first time I've actually wanted to download and repeatedly watch a music video since I first got an iPod that supported video and wanted to put the Spice Girls' 'Say You'll Be There' on it.) I just absolutely love everything about the aesthetic of it, and I don't even care if it looks like it's been shot in Instagram-cliché-vision. The chemistry between Lana and A$AP Rocky is amazing, and obviously her hair is pretty magnificent too.

2 comments:

  1. I adore this music video as well! I have massive hair envy when I see her. It's such a beautiful video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one my least favourite songs on the album, but the music video actually made me love it more, and the clothes that Lana wears are just perfection.

    Also, this line "...since I first got an iPod that supported video and wanted to put the Spice Girls' 'Say You'll Be There' on it", made my week.

    ReplyDelete