Wednesday, 13 February 2013

The fun never ends (part 2)






















A continuation of this post. I was inspired to do another one of these when I saw the title card for the most recent Adventure Time episode 'Little Dude' and remembered how much I adore these. I love the way some depict a scene from the episode, some take a less literal approach and are more artistic, and others are actually spoilers when you think about it/look hard enough.

btw Adventure Time is still the only show I watch with any regularity. (And HOW GOOD was the season five finale - I seriously think that was one of the best finales/cliffhangers I have EVER SEEN on TV. Yes, I continue to be aware that it is a cartoon.) I did actually clear some space in my schedule to watch the start of the new Stephen Poliakoff drama, Dancing on the Edge, last week (and liked it - although I found it a bit slow-paced and not as instantly captivating as some past Poliakoff stuff I've loved). However, I missed the latest episode because evidently I can't even commit to watching an hour of TV per week. I also have a proper guilty-pleasure thing about Death in Paradise which just makes me feel better about life every time I watch it. What can I say, I may have good taste in some things (er... I'm sure there are some things?) but TV is not one of them.

3 comments:

  1. love this post! the adventure time crew is doing some awesome things for cartoons and "kids" media in general. do you read any of the comics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I started reading the original comics a while back and I've read a couple of the Marceline & the Scream Queens ones too. Need to get hold of the most recent ones, I'd kind of forgotten about them tbh - mainly bc it's a bit annoying having to read them on the laptop, but I do really like them!

      Delete
  2. I started watching Adventure Time after your previous post about it,and I was surprised how much I really enjoyed it. In the same vein I've also started watching The Regular Show on Cartoon Network, which honestly might be my new favourite TV show! Although, I suppose I watch a lot of television, most of my tv watching is done in a big chunk (I watched series 1-3 of Mad Men in a couple of weeks). I have no patience for watching an episode a week!

    ReplyDelete