Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Marrakech photo diary part one












































Well, I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'm not in Marrakech anymore and I've finally sorted out some of the surprisingly large amount of photos I took. I say that because although I took a lot of photos, they were all of a small selection of places. Because we stayed in a riad in the medina (the ancient part of the city), the streets around the hotel were full of locals just going about their daily business, and I didn't feel right getting out my camera and snapping away. I tended to save it for the more tourist-friendly areas such as Jemaa el-Fnaa and the Jardin Majorelle - as you may have guessed, many of the above pictures were taken at the latter location!

I'm going to write properly about Marrakech when I post the next batch of photos, with recommendations etc. But basically, I absolutely loved it and never wanted to come home. Morocco is definitely a country that everyone should visit at least once, but if you're anything like me then once won't be enough!

2 comments: